Today the stretch we will be going over is called the pigeon stretch. This stretch is an effective stretch to open the hips and maintain lower body mobility. Below are the following steps to achieve this stretch.
- Start on all fours.
- Slide the right knee forward toward your right hand. Angle your right knee at two o’clock, or as close to this as possible.
- Slide your left leg back as far as your hips will allow.
- Do your best to keep your hips square to the floor, to maximise the effect of the stretch.
- Depending on how you feel, to increase the stretch you can push up with your palms on the ground.
- To get full release in the hips, stay in this position anywhere from 30 seconds to five minutes.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
If you are experiencing pain in your low back or hips make sure to be cautious when stretching, while most times it can help to relieve some of the tension it could signify something more serious. If you ever have questions feel free to contact Active Life at (573) 999-7805